11/18/07 More about Brazil 11/28/07 Ola to All

11/18/07 More about Brazil

Hello to Family,
All is well in the CTM. This morning I was able to go to the São Paulo Temple it is really beautiful.
A couple of weeks ago I went out to a really large park in the city and proselyte for a couple of hours it was really a big learning experience.
I saw a car chase the other day from my window.
Well I have to get going so I will write next week please feel free to ask questions.
Love,
Elder O’Brien


11/28/07 Ola to All

Ola to family and All,
I would just like to first off let everyone know that I am still alive here in the wilds of the CTM
The life of a CTM missionary has been going really good there aren’t a lot of things to tell about though because I spend most of the day in class.
Last Thursday was probably one of the best days here in the CTM and of course the reason for that being that it was thanksgiving and while Brazil does not celebrate it the CTM does and we had most of the regular fixings like turkey and mashed potatoes, pies and ice cream and all that stuff.
Last Tuesday we had a devotional and the speaker was Charles Didier which was awesome he was actually released as a president of the seventies and is now the president over all the missions in Brazil.
This morning I went to the São Paulo temple I really felt the spirit of the Lord there today.
Let me tell you a little about the temple that I know it was built in the early seventies and was the first temple built in Brazil the wood they used for the chairs and tables in the celestial room were hand carved out of a really rare and beautiful wood that is now illegal to cut down the way they got this wood was that a guy bought some property back in the mid forties and there was a lot of this wood that was all cut and just sitting there all his friends told him to sell it because it is worth so much but for some reason he felt that he should not sell it and he held on to it for thirty years, when they were building the temple the church found out about this guy and went and talked to him and when the guy saw them he said you’re here to buy the wood aren’t you? And when they said that they were he just said they could have it.
Well I have to get off now so until next week God bless.
Love,
Elder O’Brien