I hope all is well where ever each of you may be and I hope you all had a very merry Christmas and a happy new year.
I had a great Christmas and New Year.
Now for a recap of the week’s highlights, last Thursday we thought a new investigator and she is very excited about the church, when we taught her the spirit was really strong and during the first lesson she committed to being baptized in two weeks.
On Sunday we baptized Maria Domingas (my first baptism I went to) we had only been teaching her for a week and a half it is really amazing to see the spirit work with these people.

I am learning more and more in the language every day and I can now kind of talk to people that I meet on the street.
This morning believe it or not my companion and I went to Wal-Mart it actually was not as fun as I thought it would be everything was basically the same as in the states except that everything is in Portuguese, which was about the only difference that I could tell.
Well that’s about it so I will say goodbye to all until next week.
Love,
Elder O’Brien
