12/12/07 Oi from Belo

Hi to all family,
I am now in the field, it has been really nice here.
Yesterday morning I took a flight will 14 other elders and one sister to here in Belo Horizonte the plane flight was only about fifty minutes long, we then took a bus from the airport to the actual area were the mission house is which took about fifty minutes.
We all then had lunch with our mission president who is one of the greatest men I think I have had the privilege to meet.
After that we had some meetings just to show us the ropes.
Today I found out who my companion is and where I will be serving, my companion is Elder Webb and the area I am now in is called Betim which is kind of a suburb of Belo Horizonte it seems like a really nice area and my companion says it is really nice.
My companion seems to be a really nice guy and I just know that we are going to be friends.
On the bus ride from the mission home which took about fifty minutes I contacted a man that was a Baptist and I was able to get to know him a little better he seemed a little bit open to here the gospel and I tried to explain it to him in the little bit of Portuguese that I know about the church and I don know if he will but I gave him a card and he said he would call it.
My companion told me that we have a baptism this Saturday and really happy to go to my first baptism out here in the field.
Anyway that was pretty much what happened around here and I will have a lot more to say next week when I have been here longer.
I am just abuzz right now with the excitement of teaching people.
To everyone goodbye until next week and May God be with you.
Love,
Elder O’Brien