12/26/07 Feliz Natal

Christmas greetings to all,
All is well here in Belo Horizonte, I am now in the field and am serving in the Betim area, which is about forty minutes west of Belo Horizonte.
The area has been great all the members are really nice to me even though I can sometimes barely understand what they are saying I just pay really close attention to what they say and nod my head in agreement.
My first companions name is elder Webb and he has been a help and a support for me while I have been here.
The language as I said is really hard but with the help of the Lord I have made considerable progress in learning it though it has been tough.
Thanks for all the support you all have given over the last couple of months it has helped me a great deal.
Last week when my companion and me were at a members house eating I did not know how to say I was full and that I did not want any more food so I lean over to my companion and ask him what to say he tell me to say eu estou gravido and everyone just started laughing at me, I was very confused to say the least after everyone stopped laughing he told me that eu estou gravido means that i am pregnant which when I heard that just started laughing with them it was great.
Christmas here was really fantastic we ate at a members house and the food was just the best we had rice and beans (which is normal) then we had some pasta and chicken and some roust beef for desert we had some kind of cobbler looking dish with ice cream on top it was really good.
So how was everyones Christmas? I hope it was as good as mine was.
Love,
Elder Daniel O´Brien