2/27/08 Ola from Brazil / PICTURES

Oi Família,
How is everyone doing? It has been awhile since I last heard from a lot of you and I am starting to wonder if everyone is still alive:) All is great here I had my first baptism on Sunday it was really nice it was this little old lady that is 68 years old she is the hoot she has all these story’s about when she was younger.
Monday was an interesting day for me here because my companion and I had to go to Belo Horizonte for some money we had to pick up, (it’s about a 30 minute bus ride to get there and then a 20 minute walk from were the bus stops to the mission office) well the trip started out great and we got to were the bus dropped us off and a few minutes later as we were walking it started to rain and it started to rain really hard well of course both myself and elder Jardel (my companion) did not bring our umbrellas because it was a beautiful day when we started, so we ran to the nearest shelter and we spend the next two hours running from shelter to shelter when it was not raining as hard, needless to say we were pretty much soaked when we got to the mission office we picked up the money and figured that since we were there we might as well pick up our letters.
All is going well here in Betim next week is transfers and I don´t know if I am going to stay here or not. Until next time know that you are all in my prayers.

The word of the week is ``fica forte´´ it means stay strong.

With Love,
Elder Daniel O’Brien


Vicentina and myself my first baptism