9/24/08 Hello again

Dear Family and Friends,
Well here I am in a new area with my new companion Elder Morais.
It finally happened I am now the newest senior companion in the mission and I am already shaking in my boots!!! I am really excited to be a senior I just hope that I can fulfill my new responsibilities.
I was transferred back to a zone that I have already served in, Sete Lagoas in another area Belo Vale (beautiful valley). This is my first area that is really small all of my other areas were really big.
Like I said last Sunday was a day that was really rewarding for me and I think that I am out of my slump period, that is I had a period of three transfers that I only baptized one person but just in my last transfer alone I baptized three people.
The other day I was walking on the street and the funniest thing happened. We meet this guy that is drunk and he is screaming at the top of his voice about how we missionaries are servants of the devil and that we walk with knives in our bag to persuade people to join the church. Just that he was so drunk that he wasn’t really thinking strait and at one point he fell flat on his rear end. Other than drunken guys screaming at us nothing else of note has happened.
Today I will get to know several of our investigators that my comp tells me are really close to baptism, which is always good.
Hope you guys have a great week until next time.
Love,
Elder O’Brien

P.S. Those things that I need for the mission field that can be sent as a Christmas package are
Socks and maybe some ties.
Beyond this I don’t actually need a whole bunch of things I am probably the lowest maintenance missionary here in the field But the unnecessary things are. American food I miss a lot, things like peanut butter and other kinds of American food.