10/01/08 Life as normal

Hello Family and Friends,
Things are going great here in my new area. Things are going great being senior, it’s a little bit different than junior but I am getting the hang of it. This week was good we had some hard times but the Lord blessed us a lot and I have seen His hand working wonders.
Last night me and my companion had two other baptisms it was a great time for all. There was a older lady of 62 years and a boy of 8. Their names are respectively Dona Carmen and Marc Alexandre.
The boy is the grandson of a member so it counted as our baptism because his mom is not a member and his grandmother takes care of him.
The lady's story is really cool she used to smoke a lot and nothing that she did helped her to stop smoking. With the gospel she won over the cigarettes and threw them out the window. Now we are teaching her family, that was not interested at all, but because they saw her quit smoking they are now interested in the gospel. So we will see what will become of that.
Other news, I am in the same district as my old companion from the CTM, remember Elder Marquis? He is now my DL, it has been great being with him, remembering the old times in the CTM.
Well my life right now is so exciting that I completely ran out of things to tell you about so until next week.
Love
Elder O’Brien