7/9/08 Hello

Hey Mom and Everyone,
Things are going pretty good here. This was the first week of this transfer and to tell you the truth not a whole lot changed in our district except one sister who left and one that came in. Other than that it has been a pretty run of the mill week around here.
We did find a real elect this past week that has a lot of promise and I am pretty much sure that he will be baptized, he is 23 years old and he is really excited about the gospel he has really gotten into the lessons that we have taught so far and to add to it we got him really excited to go on a mission so I think that my first missionary convert will be baptized here in a couple weeks and then one year later he will serving a mission how cool is that!!!
This last week has been pretty good in that my companion and I have been trying new ways to find investigators and we have been having success so far.
I was reading the Book of Mormon this morning in Jacob chapters 3 & 4 and it came to my mind just how important being humble and keeping the law of chastity is, because Jacob is talking to the people and he says that the Lamanites were more blessed than the Nephites, and I thought this is pretty interesting considering that the Lamanites were the more wicked people but then he goes on and says that it is because the Lamanites were keeping the law of chastity that they were blessed. This all led to me reading in the new testament when Jesus talks about the old and the new laws in the which the old is done away and the new is here to stay, the old being not to commit adultery and the new being if you think it you have already done it in your heart. I found it pretty interesting that a person could be blessed just by keeping ones thoughts pure. Any rate I just wanted to share something that I learned in personal study recently.
There is one thing that I was hoping that you and whoever else might want to do there is a monthly goal for baptisms that we have and I was hoping that you guys could be praying for our goal for this month which is 112 people baptized THANK YOU.
Well that is about all that I have time for right now but take care and be sure to smile always.
Love
Elder O’Brien