05/27/2008 Longy

Hello Family and Friends,
How are things going around there in your part of the woods?
Today was transfers and I just stayed in my area with my old district with a couple of changes in the district. First my comp left and was replaced by an American Elder Forsyth and he is from a little town in Utah called Koosharem, a town that I have never heard of but he says that it is southeast of Richfield a little bit. The rest of my district is the following, Sister De Sousa stayed in the area, while her comp Sister Alves left and she is now with an American sister, Sister Stevens. The other elders didn’t even move so that area stayed with Elder Ariente and Elder Ferrão.
This last week was really good, me and my comp started in a new work area and we found some really awesome people that we just started to teach. I am really excited to start this next transfer, it's going to be the best ever in the history of the world.
Last week at the zoo was pretty cool, because we went there as a district and we took some really sweet pictures. We had an all out good time seeing the animals and everything, but since I have already been to the zoo two times I didn’t really take a lot of photos of the animals, but more of us.
I received some very good news today from Belo Vale, an area that I passed through and the news was that the rest of the family that I found in January with my son Elder D. Cook was baptized, (it is that family that you have all those photos of the same family in that mirage thingy that is labeled ``a family´´). When I was with my son the two children of the couple and the brother of the husband were baptized. When I left there, the other son of the couple, a friend of the wife and her son were baptized. Today I found out that the couple got married last Saturday and on the same day, they and another niece of the wife were all baptized. So as you can pretty much imagine I am just about as happy as a clam in the sea.
But that is about all the news for now but you can be assured that I am well and I am going to be working my tail feathers off with my new comp, its going to be the best.
Love,
Elder O’Brien