Hello Family and Friends,
How are things going? Sorry about last week I wrote this great big long letter and guess what? Right when I was about ready to finish my letter the power grid went offline and stayed off for the rest of the day.
News of the week is that there are some changes that happened, my district got larger by two missionaries because of an emergency transfer that happened; it used to be just four elders. Myself, my comp Elder Edmilson and the other two Elders Matos and Morais. Now there are us four, plus two new sisters that came on Monday. Sister Luna and Sister Harman, they seem to be really excited about being here and our whole district is gung ho to get to work and get baptizing.
Today makes four weeks that I have been here in this area and until today no baptisms, but the Lord is blessing us this Saturday. There is going to be two people baptized, a mother and her daughter, they are really special and elect. The two of them live by themselves, the mother is divorced and the daughter is ten. It's really hard to find people that are so excited about the gospel and so ready to learn and to move there lives.
Today was pretty fun we spent the day with the new sisters, you know just to get to know them a little better. We all went down to the zoo, but not your regular zoo, this zoo is different it takes about twenty minutes to walk through the whole thing. The state of the animals is really poor, it was so sad. I brought my camera to take pictures, but the state of the animals was so poor that I didn’t even take any. You would have probably cried if you had seen it, there was this great big lion that had a cage about the size of the washroom.
After that trip we went to eat at this restaurant which was pretty good, rice and beans and right now I am here writing letters to you guys. My life right now is really exciting isn’t it?
But that’s enough about me, how about you guys how’s life treating you. Any rate I have to go so until nest week. Te amo.
Love,
Elder O’Brien
