Everything is going well here in Contagem 2. I am learning more and more each day that I am with Elder Peixoto he has been a great help to me and a great district leader.
I was reading in the words of Mormon this morning and it struck me just how perfect the plan of God is, I already knew but it just confirmed my testimony of the truthfulness of the BOM when Mormon is talking about why he added the small plates of Nephi.
All other things are going along pretty smoothly and I am looking forward to baptisms in the near future.
Your package got here and I was very excited to open it but when I saw all the vitamins that you sent and how big they are I freaked a little. But all in all the photos are excellent and I am now going around showing my family to the whole world ah ah ah. Needless to say you guys are now famous in the Contagem 2nd ward in the Contagem stake in the greater minas gerais metropolitan area exciting huh.
I am soooooo proud of the fact that dad went to the temple I practically hit the roof with joy when I read your email.
Not a lot worthy of note has been going recently so I am kind dry in the news area but I will try and make it interesting what I do have, yesterday we had district meeting and you know what that means fun and games for all and I learned a great deal about how to be a better missionary and be a better tool in the hands of the Lord, the training featured a clip from Mulan the movie about how every person is different and has something different to share with everyone else it was a great training.
Now the scary news is that there is only two weeks in the transfer, which means I have exactly two weeks of being junior, how do I know? You ask, because president Frei has already said as much to me in my last interview. I am not really scared but I am a little sad that my days as junior are coming to an end.
Well I stretched out a little bit of news into a pretty big email and I am running out of time so I have to go.
Love,
Elder O’Brien
7/29/08
