8/12/2009 Hello

Hello Mom, Dad and Family,
In the week we have been teaching a lot like normal and we have all those people that are progressing to be baptized namely for this Sunday. We have Rosaine, Marcos Jr. and Guilerme that are really progressing well for this important decision in there life.
Sounds like things are getting pretty interesting around there for everyone involved, all this talk about Jacob makes me go back in time to when all this was going on with me instead (almost seems like yesterday).
I would just like to note a couple of things that I know will help Jacob prepare for the life of a missionary.
Something that I wish I had known when I got on the mission is to write down everything that you learn and feel so you can look back and see how much you have learned and grown over time.
Second is to listen to anything and everything that your senior companions and your leaders tell you to do and then do it. They have a lot more time in the field than you and chances are they know what they are talking about, but that doesn’t mean to be a push over either if somebody tells you to do something that you know is against the mission rules stand up for yours morals.
Last piece of advice that I could give you is be humble enough to admit when you are wrong and thoughtful enough of other people's feelings to not admit when you are right.
That is about all the time that I have got to write, hope it was helpful in some way.
I love all of you dearly and I look forward to the time that I can talk to you all once again, (with Jacob that will be Christmas time wa wa Feliz Natal)
Love,
Elder O’Brien